Excel template sheets are predesigned spreadsheets that are designed to save time and increase work productivity.
There are several Excel templates available online for use by everyone, the templates help provide a structure for data entry and analysis.
The templates can be downloaded easily and are available for free or for purchase online and can be easily customized to fit specific needs.
Downloading excel templates is easy and seamless, regardless of who is using it, the sheet is designed for everybody.
Gone are the days when it was difficult to find excel templates and you would be left searching for what is the best free invoice template to use when you had initially settled for something in excel.
They are pre-formatted and come with predefined formulas for specific calculation types, so you can focus more on the actual work
Popular types of Excel templates:
There are lots of popular excel templates sheets and some of which include,
- Inventory tracking templates: This template helps you keep track of your stock levels, manage orders, and monitor inventory costs.
- Templates for Sales tracking: This template helps to keep track of sales data, monitor sales performance, and identify trends and patterns.
- Budget templates: it helps keep track of income and expenses, create a budget plan, and monitor financial progress over time.
- Project management templates: these help to plan and track projects, assign tasks to team members, and monitor progress.
- Invoice templates: Invoice templates help create professional-looking invoices for your clients or customers.
- HR templates: it’s good for managing employee data, tracking attendance and leave, and managing performance evaluations.
- Marketing templates: it’s great for planning and executing marketing campaigns, tracking marketing expenses, and monitoring return on investment.
- Time tracking templates: Time tracking templates help to monitor work hours, track individual productivity, and manage tasks and projects.
How to install an excel template
Find templates online:
Start by searching for Excel templates online. You can use search engines like Google or Bing, or browse websites that offer templates.
Download from Office.com:
If you’re using Microsoft Excel, you can download templates directly from Office.com. Simply open Excel, click on “File” > “New”, and then search for
Where to download the excel template for free
You can download free Excel templates from numerous websites and most of the websites listed below allow easy download and use of Excel templates without any registration.
1. Excel Templates Gallery
Check through Excel itself when looking for a template in any category. Here is how to access them. How to download
- Open Excel.
- Go to the File menu in the top left corner.
- Click on New.
- Excel Templates
There are different easy-to-use templates related to business, charts, planners and trackers, lists, budgets, and financial management in the Excel resource library.
The excel template sheet has the option to search for specific keywords in the top search bar.
2. Microsoft Templates
The collection of templates in the Microsoft Office Resource Library is ranked as the second-best.
It offers an extensive selection of templates for charts, reports, and trackers, similar to the templates available in Excel’s resource library.
Located at the top of the page is a search box, enabling you to directly search for a specific type of template.
By using this search function, only templates relevant to your searched keywords will appear, simplifying the decision-making process for you. How to Download a Template From the Microsoft Office Library
- Select any template.
- Click on download.
- Open the downloaded Excel file to start using it.
Spreadsheet123 has a large collection of Excel templates, and are updated regularly. The website offers professionally crafted templates with exceptional designs.
You can conveniently navigate through the various categories of templates on the site, much like any other online platform. How to download
- Visit Spreadsheet123’s website.
- Select the Excel Templates menu.
- Select any category from the list.
- Scroll down to see a list of templates for each category, along with a brief description of its scope.
- Click on any template.
- Click on the dark green download box.
- As a final confirmation, click on download again.
4. Vertex42 Website
Vertex42 provides a wide range of templates, including budgets, invoices, project management, timesheets, business, and many others.
To download, browse through the categories to find a template, and download files to use in Excel 2007 or Google Sheets by scrolling down.
Template.net surpasses is a great website to download different spreadsheet templates. How to download
- Visit the official Template.net website.
- Go to the file formats sub-menu at the top.
- Click on Microsoft Excel.
- Click to see all categories
- Go to any category, let’s say Estimate templates.
With these free spreadsheet templates, you will not only save time by avoiding having to build spreadsheets from scratch but also create more professional-looking spreadsheets.
Is there a free form of excel?
There are numerous free forms of excel sheets, attached below are the best sheets that can be used for free and they include.
a. Google Docs Spreadsheet
Google Docs Spreadsheet is Google’s version of an Excel-like spreadsheet application; the only differences are that it’s available for free, without having to download anything to your desktop.
This spreadsheet operates actually inside your web browser and has much of the same functionality as Excel.
Google Docs can be used anywhere, so long as there is an internet connection. This makes working remotely on spreadsheets easier than ever because files are automatically backed up online.
Unlike Google Docs Spreadsheet, OpenOffice is a downloadable program that operates locally on any computer.
It works on Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux, so no matter which operating system you’re using, One of the benefits of OpenOffice over Google Docs Spreadsheet is that once downloaded, access to the internet might not be needed to use the program.
c. Excel Web Application
Just like Google Docs Spreadsheet, Excel Web Application is available on the web free of charge. You just need a Microsoft account to use it.
It should be noted that this isn’t the full version of Excel and therefore, some features aren’t available.
The Excel Web Application allows you to open standard .xlsx and .xlsm file types, so once again, making the switch straightforward.
But like Google Docs Spreadsheet, you will need access to the internet to use the application.
d. Zoho Sheet
Zoho Sheet is another cloud-based application (like Google Docs Spreadsheet and the Excel Web Application), and no internet connection is needed for usage.
It offers a lot of cloud-based web apps, many of which aren’t free. For usage, create a free account with Zoho and sign in, then head to “Productivity” on the menu and select the “Sheet” app from the list.
A few years ago, Excel templates were scarce and not very versatile. However, there is now an abundance of Excel templates available that can greatly simplify tasks for everyone.
The templates are user-friendly, allowing for easy and efficient completion of work, without the need for a formal degree.